An important part of your wedding
Wedding Venues can be a vital part of your wedding day. There are so many choices available these days, and each couple usually opts for something a little different, depending on their budget and tastes.
Wedding venues are not always as formal as they once were, with more and more couples giving the expensive 'traditional' catered reception centres a miss and coming up with some innovative ideas on how to create their own theme.
Themed wedding venues are very popular now, and couples are choosing their reception centre with a view to how it fits in with the theme they want to achieve.
You can have a great wedding venue with a little planning and budgeting. The normal budget for the venue should be about 30% of your wedding costs. Probably the most expensive cost of a wedding venue is the venue rental, decorations, and food service.
No matter where you choose to have your wedding venue, there are important details you need to look after when planning:
1. Weather: is the wedding venue inside or out?
2. Setup: Is this a non-traditional location? Will it require complicated arrangements to use/attend? Also consider distance - most guests do not want to drive for hours to attend your venue.
3. Cleanup, setup: Most 'traditional' wedding venues have cleanup in place. Make sure to inquire about this when selecting the venue. Otherwise, you may need to draw on family and friends to help with this aspect.
4. Theme: Does the venue fit the theme you have chosen for your wedding (assuming you have chosen a theme).
5. What do your family and friends think of your wedding venue? Take a small group of them to the venue, and ask them what they think.
At True Bride, we want to make this decision as easy as possible for you, so we've added a huge range of Wedding venues to our Wedding Directory, so that you can review which businesses are available to meet your needs, and where they are.
Just go to the Wedding Venues section of our Wedding Directory, enter your home postcode, choose the maximum distance from home you are prepared to travel to view their Wedding venue facilities (from as close as your home suburb, through to all the reception venue choices available in your home state) and then click the Search Now button.
Once you get to your list of wedding venues, you can browse through them, noting down contact details, or if you prefer, select individual ones to add to your very own Personalised Supplier List.
You'll need to become a member of True Bride (which is free) to use the Personalised Supplier List facility, but it gives you access to a great range of resources and tools (including all of our wedding planning tools).
True Bride is one of the most comprehensive Australian wedding directories with over 15,000 wedding suppliers listed nationally.