Privacy & Copyright
True Bride Pty Ltd (ACN 094 501 612) ("True Bride") is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal information supplied by you will be kept private and confidential and personal details will not be provided to any third party other than as necessary for the supply of agreed products or services.
1. What information is collected, and how is it used.The type of information that we collect depends on how you use our website, truebride.com.au. When you become a member via our registration form, we need to know details such as your name and your partner's name, email address, wedding date and post code, some fields are mandatory and others are optional. For members that are using the site but are not getting married we may ask for further details in order to better understand the profile and demographics of these members to provide a better service. Membership details can be modified at any time.
We use the personal information that we collect
from you to try and tailor your experience at our site, tell you things
about our company, notify you of any special promotions that may be of
interest to you (only upon your request) and collate statistical data
in relation to weddings and wedding suppliers. From time to time, we may
provide statistical information about weddings to reputable third parties.
This will simply comprise data collected and presented in an aggregate
form. It will not include any direct personal information that identifies
2. Privacy of collected informationWe work hard to ensure that information we hold about you is kept secure. Your information is stored on secure servers that are not accessible from the Internet to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of such information. While we make every effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from our online services or products.
You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on our website. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account by any other person or any other breach of security.
3. How to modify your personal information & preferencesMembers may modify their information or cancel their membership at any time, through 'modify my membership' hyperlinks, accessible through various points on our site.
4. Entry to Bride of the Year CompetitionWhen you enter our Bride of the Year competition, you must be a member so we can better administer the contest and notify entrants, finalists and the winner, that they have been posted as entrants on the site and their progress in the competition.
In this competition we have asked entrants to provide photos of themselves and feedback on a number of their suppliers. These requests form part of the conditions of entry to the competition and as such True Bride may post the entrants photos on the site for others to view and vote upon and photos may be published in other publications highlighting entrants to the Bride of the Year. True Bride may indicate which supplier an entrant has used as part of their wedding preparation, but under no circumstance will True Bride indicate any specific feedback. Feedback collated from entrants may be used on a collective basis in statistical analysis and representation. It will not include any direct personal information that identifies you.
5. Supplier feedbackSupplier feedback can be provided at any time. Feedback collated may be used on a collective basis in statistical analysis or as anecdotal explanations, this will simply comprise data collected and presented in an aggregate form. It will not include any personal information that identifies you. Under no circumstance will True Bride identify any specific feedback from any one.
6. Bridal RegistryThere are two parts to the bridal registry and a special gift registry and a honeymoon registry. The registries uses member information provided during registration in order to create a member profile, process your registration and maintain your gift or honeymoon registry.
Guests who are giving members a contribution to their gift or honeymoon registry will be asked to provide personal information, to track the 'contribution promise' to invoice it, monitor payment and to provide this information to the couple who have established the registry. Their personal information is not used for any other purpose.
8. Other AssociationsThis site contains links to other sites. truebride.com.au is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
True Bride Pty Ltd (ACN 094 501 612) maintains this website for your personal information, education, entertainment and communication. All material, advertisements, competitions, graphics, icons, illustrations, images, information, logos, photographs, software, text, audio clips and video clips on the website ("Content") are the property of True Bride Pty Ltd, its suppliers and/or licensors unless expressly indicated otherwise on the website. The Content is protected under Australian and international copyright laws. The Content is for your personal, non-commercial use, you are not permitted to modify, copy, reproduce, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute the Content or any part of it in any way except as expressly provided for on the website or expressly authorised in writing by True Bride Pty Ltd.