Candles on the Green

Daniel Farac & Teresa Tvrdeic

Married Saturday, 12 October 2002

Wedding Stories

Wedding Stories

Wedding Stories

Wedding Stories

We met at Batemans Bay. Daniel was in a Croatian band and was playing at a dance that our family always goes to every year. I dropped by the venue on my way out for around 5 minutes, which happened to be the bands break time. This is where we first met. We spoke briefly and agreed to meet up the next day for a beach BBQ. We started dating after this.

His proposal came as a complete surprise to me. One evening we were having a dinner party with all our friends for his birthday. As he was making a thank you speech, he got down on one knee and proposed to me in front of everybody. It was a very emotional moment and it took me less than 30 seconds to say yes. I was crying with happiness so much I was all choked up. I found out after that everyone knew he was going to propose except me.

We had eight months to arrange our wedding and I was worried that we would not have enough time, although it could be argued that the more time you have to plan a wedding the more worry and stress you put yourself through. We decided we needed the help of a wedding planner. She was a huge help and took care of everything for us, which gave me time to enjoy the planning.

The beauty of having a wedding planner was that most of the stress is removed and when you have to make decisions on flowers and girls dresses you know you have support, rather than relying on your partner who may not be as focused as you. One of the hardest things we found to organise was the guest list and deciding where to seat people. Trying to seat people with other like-minded people who you don't really know is really quite hard.

We had decided on a formal theme for our special day. The ceremony was held at All Saints Catholic Church, Liverpool and the reception was held at Carnarvon golf club. The reception venue had all glass windows and an outside balcony. We arranged to have candles lit out on the green, so once night set in you could see them all flickering in the moonlight.

The groomsmen had a bit of a nightmare with suits on the day. Three of the suits didn't fit and two hours before the ceremony they went back to the shop and had to get them refitted! I was wondering why we couldn't go to the church when it was time. This is when I found out that the boys were running late. So we decided to go to McDonalds and wait for them to get to the church.

One thing that made the day so great was having seven bridesmaids! They made me feel like it was a constant party the whole day. We laughed and had so much fun.

The rest of the day was just amazing, I took advice from a lot of married people who said to take a step back and look around you and breathe it all in. I remember quite a lot because I paid attention to the little things. The feeling was just the most amazing feeling, my face couldn't stop smiling the whole day and even three weeks later I was still smiling!

For our honeymoon went to the Whitsunday's for ten days. It was great knowing that when you wake up in the morning you know the weather is going to be perfect every day. Each day was quite hot so we made sure we enjoyed every bit of our holiday by relaxing.


Photography by: Snappleyard, Sylvania Southgate


Return to wedding stories
Return to top